maandag 7 april 2014

Brian Eastwood strat

Stratocaster, supposedly built by Brian Eastwood. (not the far-east company Eastwood but the British luthier of weird handbuilt guitars Brian Eastwood) The graphics are inspired by those on a car in a movie. ('The Fast and the Furious') I guess it is the lightest guitar I own. The guitar is slightly reliced, and not all that well made, but plays like butter in spite of its chunky neck. It was built as a prop in a videoclip, my wish is to make it a fully functional professional guitar. The pickup is made by Wilkinson but it does not sound too good, so I will swap it, and probably add a coilswitch to obtain more tonal variety. The body still needs to be clearcoated.
When I got the guitar, the pickup was not even connected. Since the body has no shielding at all (although the strings are grounded) it produces a buzz like a swarm of bees when connected to an amplifier. Obviously I will give it a proper shielding. I still have some copper foil left from other projects.

Geen opmerkingen: